The Fourth Trimester: A Postpartum Guide to Healing Your Body, Balancing Your Emotions, and Restoring Your Vitality
Author(s): Kimberly Ann Johnson
An audiobook guide to help support women through post-partum healing on the physical, emotional, relational, and spiritual levels.
This holistic audiobook guide offers practical advice to support women through postpartum healing on the physical, emotional, relational, and spiritual levels--and provides women with a roadmap to this very important transition that can last from a few months to a few years.
Kimberly Ann Johnson draws from her vast professional experience as a doula, postpartum consultant, yoga teacher, body worker, and women's health care advocate, and from the healing traditions of Ayurveda, traditional Chinese medicine, and herbalism--as well as her own personal experience--to cover:
* how you can prepare your body for birth;
* how you can organize yourself and your household for the best possible transition to motherhood;
* simple practices and home remedies to facilitate healing and restore energy;
* how to strengthen relationships and aid the return to sex;
* learning to exercise safely postpartum;
* carrying your baby with comfort;
* exploring the complex and often conflicting emotions that arise postpartum;
and much more.
Includes a bonus PDF with worksheets, illustrations, and recipes
KIMBERLY JOHNSON is the founder of MagaMama.com, an international holistic women's health care resource for expectant and new mothers, and KAJYOGA, a personal teaching institute that emphasizes the healing and empowering qualities of yoga practice. She has been interviewed on NPR and other US media outlets for her expertise on birth and women's health. She is a frequent contributor toaElephant JournalaandaRecovering Yogi,aand she conducts workshops internationally and online, teaching thousands of women and birth professionals about post-partum care and self-care for new mothers. After living in Brazil for eight years, she relocated to Solana Beach, CA, where she has a private practice specializing in birth injury, birth trauma, post-partum recovery, and sexual wellness.
- : 9781611804003
- : Shambhala Publications, Incorporated
- : Roost Books
- : 0.56699
- : December 2017
- : 2.4 Centimeters X 15.2 Centimeters X 22.7 Centimeters
- : United States
- : November 2017
- : books
- : Kimberly Ann Johnson
- : Paperback
- : English
- : 272